Sunday, January 8, 2012

I Am an Introvert

I am an introvert.

When you are talking things through, I am busy with internal dialog and discussion, me vs me.

When you and I are discussing something, you are seeking your resolution through the conversation and you would like to talk until we are resolved. I am seeking information so that we can stop talking, because then I can begin my internal conversations and come to my resolution.

When you are talking through your thoughts with me, my internal conversations are disrupted. I will begin to see things clearly when my internal conversations get a chance to progress undisturbed to completion.

When you notice that I am passive, aloof, and unengaged, my mind is teeming with internal conversations about unresolved issues. My mind is so busy that sometimes I have to lie down in a quiet place to let the activity play out.

When you relax with other people and find refreshment in the stimulating talk and conversation, I relax in solitude and find refreshment as my swirling internal conversations settle and finally solidify through my keystrokes.

When we are together, you find your satisfaction in the moment-to-moment experience. I find my satisfaction in the quietness afterward, when I can rethink our interaction to fully process the pleasure I take in being with you.

You are a Type A extrovert. Something is always going on with you, and everyone can see it. I am a Type A introvert. Something is always going on with me, but no one can see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment